Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you want to make your best Italian meatballs? Go here!, never add garlic and parsley powder as I have seen where else. Don't add those artificial ingredients but instead use fresh ones for an authentic taste! *Credit for this original recipe can be found online at: http://www.authentic-italian-pasta-recipes.com/italian-meatballs-recipe.html
- 2 slices white bread, turn into small bits (crust discarded)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄8 cup grated parmigiano
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1. Combine the bread and milk in a small bowl, mashing occasionally with a fork, until a smooth paste forms about a few minutes.
- 2. Mix all meatballs ingredients, beef, pork, egg, grated Parmesan Cheeses or Parmigiano, parsley, then include the bread and milk mixture with salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- 3. Lightly form, 3 tablespoons of the mixture into a round meatball, repeat with the remaining mixture to form approximately 15 meatballs.
- 4. Heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a frying pan. Add one by one the meatballs in a single layer, and when the edge of the meatballs dipped in oil sizzles, turn around several times. This just until nicely browned on all sides, a few minutes.
- 5. Transfer the browned meatballs to a paper towel and set aside. Repeat, if necessary with remaining meatballs.