Recipe by kfarris11
I've tired a lot of different recipes for italian beef but I found out that my own recipe that I made up myself was my favorite! Hope you enjoy it! :)
- 3 lbs rump roast
- 2 green peppers
- 1 large onion
- 1 (16 ounce) jar banana pepper rings
- 4 cups beef broth
- dry rub seasonings
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Cut up the onions and green peppers into strips and set them on the bottom of the crockpot along with the entire jar of banana peppers (juice and all). Then pour the 4 cups of beef broth into the crockpot.
- 2. Mix all of the dry ingredients together (making the rub) and coat your rump roast.
- 3. Put the rump roast in the crockpot on top of everything and cook on low for 8-10 hours (can cook longer if convienent for you) -- I let mine cook for 17 hours before so there is really no limit,.
- 4. enjoy!