1/4 Photos of Best-In-The-West Berry Cobbler
1 hr 20 mins
The name says it all! It has a delicious sugar crackle topping that forms by pouring the boiling water over the top before baking. This is my favorite cobbler recipe. Easy, impressive, and versatile. Can use any combination of berries, frozen or fresh.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread berries in a greased 8 inch square pan.
- 2Cream shortening and 3/4 cup sugar well.
- 3Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- 4Add alternately with milk to creamed mixture. Batter will be thick.
- 5Spread batter over berries.
- 6Combine remaining sugar and cornstarch together then sprinkle evenly over batter. *NOTE* This is a juicy cobbler but if you want the berries and sauce to be thicker add an extra 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of cornstarch to the remaining sugar.
- 7Pour boiling water over all. Do not mix.
- 8Bake at 350* for 30-45 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. (Doubled recipe fits into a 9x13 pan, but must bake 20-30 mins longer than normal).
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best-In-The-West Berry Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.2
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 4.2 mg
- Sodium 254.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 62.4 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: