Prep 20 mins
Cook 13 mins
I found this on another website as a Hooter's Clone. It really is the best I have ever tasted and a frequent request from my guests. The Franks Red Hot makes the difference. Oh, and heat the sauce over VERY LOW heat or it will seperate. If you let the wings sit for a bit they will become moist an you can do the second breading without the egg wash. Enjoy!
- Combine breading in a bowl or gallon sized ziplock bag, coat chicken with flour mixture. Then dip floured chicken briefly in beaten egg (add a little bit of water to thin slightly) and again dredge in flour. Set aside.
- Gently melt butter in pan, add Franks Red Hot, pepper and garlic powder. Be careful to keep the heat medium to medium low, and do not boil or butter will separate and the mixture will not stay blended. (If that happens, whisk it real quick and carry on anyway).
- Fry chicken in a single layer (9-10 drumettes at a time) in deep fryer at 375°F for 12 – 13 minutes (so they are nice and crispy). Drain briefly in fry basket.
- Pour half of the sauce into a glass container with a tight fitting lid. Dump in the chicken, put on the lid and carefully shake, coating the entire wing with sauce. Remove from container and set on a plate. The breading will absorb the sauce within a minute or so. Serve with celery sticks and either Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing.
- (Note: When tripling the recipe, only double the sauce and breading. There will be plenty).
- Appetizers for five or dinner for two.
Best hot wings I've ever made!
I followed the recipe to the letter and they turned out great.
My wife had them without the sauce and she loved them too,
but me, I gotta have the sauce. Thanks for a great recipe!
Very good! Nice, crispy , tender and tasty!