Prep 1 hr 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the BEST hot wing sauce I have found. It is a clearish shade like hooters, and they are to die for. Not too hot though to were I can't eat it, it is just right. Could also be used as a dip for chicken tenders!
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup Tabasco sauce, plus
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 4 1⁄2-5 lbs chicken wings (cut into drumettes and flappers)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- For breading & frying.
- In large mixing bowl mix flours, salt, paprika and cayenne pepper together, blend well. Cut chicken wings into drumettes and flappers. Wash and drain chicken. Coat chicken in flour mixture, refrigerate chicken wings for 90 minutes.
- When ready to deep fry chicken wings heat oil to 375. Place chicken pieces in hot oil, do not crowd. Fry chicken wings until golden brown, remove from oil and drain. When all wings have been fried, place in a large bowl. Add Hot Sauce mixture and mix completely. Use a fork or tongs to place chicken pieces on a serving platter. Serve immediately and with lots of paper towels.
- For sauce.
- Melt butter over low, stir in the rest of the ingredients until dissolved. Pour in bowl over cooked chicken.
Loved this recipe, relatively easy to make and so close to the original I don't think it would be possible to tell the difference.
Thanks for posting!
VeryGood, use last year and I am now looking it up to use again this year. Superbowl! Love it!
it was ok.. takes so long to cook. i had to put in oil for 15 min..