Recipe by Sheila in Alaska
Great tasting chili for these cold winter days. I like my chili hot, so I add lots of red pepper...you can add as much or as little as you like.
- 4 lbs ground beef
- 2 large onions, diced
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large Dutch over or soup kettle, brown beef with onions until the beef is brown and the onions are tender; drain.
- Stir in spices and both cans of tomato sauce and kidney beans.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Combine flour and vinegar; stir into chili.
- Simmer another 15 minutes or until thickened.