Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A few non traditional ingredients combine to make a hearty, rich, and unbelievably flavorful sauce!
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground chicken or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (16 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Brown onion, garlic, and ground beef with olive oil in sauce pot. When no longer pink, drain. Return beef mixture to pot.
- Add oregano, basil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, crushed red pepper flakes, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, ranch dressing mix, and brown sugar. Stir well.
- Bring to light boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 2 hours.