Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This was originally a reader recipe from Cooking Light magazine. I have tried many, many banana breads over the years (from healthy to unhealthy versions) and this remains my favorite. It's very easy to make and also freezes very well.
- Combine first 5 ingredients (mashed banana through egg) in large bowl; beat with mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup and level with knife.
- Add rest of dry ingredients (cream of tartar, baking soda, salt) to flour and stir with a whisk to combine.
- Add the dry mixture to banana mixture, stirring only until just moistened.
- Spoon batter into 8x4 inch loaf pan that has been coated on bottom and 1/2 inch up sides with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wirerack; then remove bread from pan and cool completely on rack.
For being a healthy banana bread I'd have to say that this was pretty good. It definitely tastes the best warm. It came out fairly moist. It just lacked something...it could have been sweeter; though I DO have a big sweet tooth! To make this recipe five stars I would suggest adding maybe some walnuts to the bread? I personally added a glaze to it using: - 1 cup powered sugar - 2 Tablespoons low fat milk - 1 tsp. vanilla Stir over med. heat w/ a whisk and put a little on the banana bread! That made this recipe delish!
definitely tastes good for a healthy bread of any sort.. unfortunately i found it to be a bit dry but its amazing while warm with a bit of jam ..i substituted splenda instead of sugar :)
A very tasty and easy recipie. I'll definitely use it again!