Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
These cookies are a great, soft, chocolatey small batch perfect for a small family. They have a great chewy and soft texture and a delicious flavor! I got the recipe from a good friend a month ago and have made them four time since then. Easy to prepare and even easier to eat!
- 1 cup flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 -3 tablespoons cocoa powder (optional)
- Cream butter and sugars at medium speed.
- Add vanilla while mixing.
- Add egg while mixing.
- Turn off mixer and add flour.
- Next add salt.
- Then add baking powder.
- Beat at slow/medium speed just until flour is incorporated into butter and sugar mixture.
- Carefully stir in chocolate chips.
- You can add cocoa powder if you'd like chocolate, chocolate chip cookies, which makes them even better!
- Using two spoons shape into balls and drop on a cookie sheet or baking stone.
- Bake at 375° for about seven minutes.
- Remove from oven just when edges are barely turning brown for a soft moist cookie.
- Allow to set up for a few minutes, if you can wait, or else your cookie will fall apart.
You were right! These are chocolaty, soft, and chewy! I let the first batch cook too long and they were crispy but still good. The second batch came out just right! And I ate them all up! Thanks!
My family absolutely loves these cookies! They're in constant high demand. Thanks for posting :)
Perfect recipe! Just what I was looking for, as we only had 1 stick of butter on hand. We did use the cocoa powder, stirring it into the flour before incorporating it (we did use one tablespoon less flour than was called for). 3/4 cup semi-sweet choc. chips was just right for our taste, and we didin't use any white choc. chips at all. Also stirred in 1 tbsp. of ground flaxseed and 1/2 cup rolled oats for a warm,oaty, chocolatey bit of yumminess!