Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my Dad's guacamole recipe and it is AWESOME!! Measurements aren't accurate as "perfection" is subjective.
- 4 Hass avocadoes (reserve 1-2 seeds)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chunky salsa
- seasoning salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons jose cuervo margarita mix (non-alcoholic, of course)
- 1 dash pepper (lemon pepper is best)
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the above ingredients. The measurement for the margarita mix is not really 2 tablespoons. You just have to eye-ball it as you don't want the gaucamole to be too runny -- just do like a 1 count pour.
- The guacamole is great if you don't have large chunks of avocado.
- Before storing, place the reserved seeds into the bowl. My Mother has always said that the seeds help to slow the browning.
- Get a piece of Saran Wrap or other plastic wrap and place firmly to the guacamole so that all the air is pushed out.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.