Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
This is a simple recipe I have adapted from Company's Coming.It is simple to throw together the marinade in the morning before going off to work and coming home to an easy dinner to prepare at night.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 pork loin chops, fat removed
- In deep bowl mix all marinade ingredients.
- Marinate at least 2 hours.
- Remove from marinade and cook over medium-high heat on greased grill for no more than 15 minutes or until done. Cooking time for second side is shorter by 1-2 minutes. 3/4" or thinner, 5-6 minutes maximum per side, thicker than 3/4" 6-7 minutes maximum per side. DO NOT OVER_GRILL, chops will become tough. After 2 minutes grilling on a side, rotate chops 45 degrees for even cooking. Turn over when juices pool on upper surface and meat appears to be cooked half-way through.
WOW!!!!! These are soooooo good! I only let them marinate for 2 hours and they were great. I would, however, marinate them for longer as the flavour would be better. I took one of the other reviewers advice and cut back on the oil. As well, I added one more garlic clove (love garlic!) Thanks for posting this, I will definately make this again!!!
I do not usually like pork chops because they are so dry. These were absolutely marvelous. The marinade on these made them so very moist. I did marinade the chops for about four hours. My teenaged son thought that they were wonderful. That is quite a compliment.
The marinade was delicious! I think next time I will marinade for longer than 2 hours though. GREAT marinade, thanks!