Recipe by nikki ciciretto
This is something I make all the time. My mom loves this salad. Not only does it taste amazing, but it's good for someone who is watching their carb intake. If you're craving pasta but know you should be having a salad, this really hits the spot.
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 6 baby carrots, julienned
- 1 cup spiral shaped pasta, cooked
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to boil and cook pasta according to package.
- Preheat grill and cook both peppers until skin is black. Place in a paper bag or a bowl with plastic wrap over top for 3-5 minutes.
- Slice onion and grill.
- Chop all vegetables and place in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk Dijon, honey, soy and water.
- When peppers are cooled, peel off skin, deseed them and chop; then place in bowl
- Place vegetables in fridge until cooled.
- When both pasta and veggies are cool, toss together and poor on dressing before serving or 30 minutes before if you want the cucumbers and tomatoes to be crisp and fresh. Otherwise, make a day ahead.
- This salad lasts for 3 days.
- Also throw in some cheese such as mild goat cheese or wonton strips.
- Grill up some chicken or shrimp to make it a meal all on its own.