This recipe might sound strange... who ever thought of using mayo on a grilled cheese instead of butter?? Try it, you'll see. It makes a great crunch on the bread. And you can use fat free mayo... I don't think fat free butter exists. I haven't found a cheese I don't like with this sanwich. You can also switch up the meat.
- Heat a non stick pan over medium high heat.
- spread one side of each slice of bread with a tsp of mayo, coating it evenly.
- place one slice in the pan, mayo side down.
- arrange meat an cheese on the bread with the meat between the slices of cheese.
- place the other slice of bread on top with mayo side up.
- cover and cook to desired toasting level.
- Flip and repeat.