Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
I live in the Midwest and I am convinced that there is NO better way to eat fresh summer sweet corn! The trick is not to soak it! If you soak the corn the result will be steamed and not truly "roasted". The husks may get a little burned but the corn will be perfect. (I know, it was hard for me the first time too, just trust me) P.S. Use the freshest sweet corn you can get!
- 6 -8 ears fresh sweet corn, in the husk
- Lay the corn (in the husks) on a hot grill. (medium if using gas).
- Cook for twenty minutes, turning every few minutes.
- Remove from the grill with clean gloves and remove the husks and silk.
- Serve with lots of butter, salt and fresh ground pepper.
Outstanding! I put the corn on a charcoal grill for 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. It was fantastic. I will never boil corn on the cob again!
My new favorite way to make corn. Super easy and absolutely perfect. The outside husks got black, but inside the corn was juicy and perfectly cooked. I have more on the grill tonight! Thanks for sharing!
From grocery bag to grill--so easy! I wanted to rinse them off after removing the husks and was afraid it may cool them down too much but it did not. They held the heat for a good while. And the flavor is so wonderful. I added butter and salt but I think it is probably almost as good without any additions. Thanks so much for this recipe.