Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Green Goddess dressing was a "flash in the pan" in the 70's ??...maybe 80's?? I always loved its spicy tang and exotic flavor.
- 3⁄4 cup snipped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Put into container, cover and chill.
- Makes 1 1/4 cups.
- Good over crisp green salad.
Had a cucumber salad at a local restaurant that looked like green goddess and was heavenly. Found it here..added a little more sugar and less anchovies and it was exactly what I was looking for. It's wonderful on vegetables. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe and for Recipe Zaar!
Now this is green goddess dressing!!!!!Have tried the others on this site and this is the best by far THANKS!!