Recipe by Chef Q in Oregon
This is a modification of my favorite regular banana bread from my "Home Baking" cookbook. I made it gluten free and Dairy free so my nephew could eat it and it turned out GREAT! My kids, who don't usually like my G.F. food actually told me this was the best banana bread they had ever eaten, even before they knew it was G.F. I used my own mixture of G.F. flour which I will put in a note at the end of the recipe or you can make up your own. Happy eating!
- 2 1⁄4 cups gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 tablespoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 bananas, very ripe, I used frozen then thawed with juice
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup rice milk, vanilla
- 3 tablespoons coffee, liquer or 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rice vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- spray bread pan with a cooking spray or coat with oil.
- combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a blender, blend the wet ingredients.
- In a large bowl, using an electrical mixer, alternate the wet and dry ingredients mixing thoroughly (The dough will be very thick).
- Scoop into bread pan, mini-loaf pan or muffin pan, and bake at 375 for 35-40 minute for a regular loaf, 25-30 for mini-loafs or 15-20 minute for muffins.
- Note: You can add 1 cup sweetened coconut, chocolate chips or nuts for added variety.
- Flour mixture: 1 cup Sweet Sorghum, 1 cup Brown Rice, 1/2 cup Coconut flour, 1/2 cup tapioca starch, 3 Tbs. Buckwheat flour.