Recipe by sheila
I picked this up in Woman’s Weekly. It says to cancer-proof yourself with garlic. I thought I would share this with you. I lost my sister and brother-in-law to cancer.
- 3 heads garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups onions
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons thyme
- 18 garlic cloves
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced and sauteed divided
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 lemon wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Cut tops off garlic heads, sprinkle with olive oil, and cover. Bake until tender (about 45 minutes). Cool, and then squeeze between finger tips to release cloves.
- In saucepan melt butter; add onions and thyme; cook 6 minutes. Add roasted garlic and raw clove; cook 3 minutes.
- Add broth; cover and simmer until garlic is tender, 20 minutes.
- Add 3/4 of the mushrooms; transfer to blender and puree.
- Pour mixture back into saucepan; add cream, reserved mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer.
- Divide cheese among 4 bowls. Squeeze 1 lemon wedge over each bowl; stir and serve.