Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I don't remember which web site I got this from but these are the best potatoes I've tasted.
Make and share this Best Garlic Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 36 ounces chicken broth
- 2 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1⁄8 cup melted butter
- bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes, drain, reserving broth.
- stir in garlic, cream, and 1 to 2 tbsp broth, mash until creamy.
- Blend in sour cream, chives, and butter.
- Heat through and serve.
I made these tonight to go with bratty_1's OUR FAVORITE ITALIAN BEEF #20266. These potatoes were perfect. Creamy and rich in flavor. Thanks for posting.
We loved it! There are only 2 of us (most of the time:) )so I cut the recipe amounts in half. I served it with a zesty oven fried chicken, green salad and corn on the cob! My hubby is Zaar's best fan! Thanks for posting. It beats the reg. mashed pot. I usually fix and just add garlic powder. I will not fix it that way again...this recipe is tooooo good!
We loved these wonderfully flavored mashed potatoes! The fresh minced garlic added a bit of a zip. I used 1/2 cup half&half instead of the cream since that is what I had on hand. I used full fat sour cream as well and beat the potatoes with an electric mixer until nice and fluffy. Yum! I will make this recipe again.