Recipe by -Sylvie-
I have adapted this from a recipe I found on the German cooking website chefkoch.de and changed it to my liking. I first made this for a New Year's Eve party and eventhough it makes quite a large amount, there was none left at the end. If you can't find Quark, you can substitute with either low-fat sour cream or natural yoghurt or a mix of the two. Have a look in you frozen food department of the grocery store for the frozen herbs, they come in small flat cartons in the UK and Germany. The paprika mentioned is the sweet mild kind, not very hot.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Miracle Whip light
- 1 lb low fat Quark or 1 lb low-fat sour cream or 1 lb natural yoghurt
- 2 -3 tablespoons frozen mixed herbs (1 oz packet)
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- You might want to add salt and pepper, but usually it doesn't need it.
- Can be eaten straight away, but the flavours develop much better if you cover and chill it overnight.
- Enjoy with crackers, crusty bread or with grilled meats.