Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the best fudge brownie pie I have found. 8)
- 9 inch unbaked pastry shells
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 118.29 ml biscuit mix
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bake the pastry shell for 10 minutes; remove from oven.
- Reduce temperature to 325°.
- In a saucepan over low, melt the chocolate chips with butter.
- In large mixer bowl, beat chocolate mixture with remaining ingredients except nuts until smooth.
- Add nuts and pour mixture into baked pastry shell.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until center is set.
- Let cool a bit before serving.
it served my chocolate craving needs, but the bake time was all wrong for me. I used 45 minutes and the middle was still goo. maybe another 5 minutes....or ten.
This was outstanding. I was looking for something new and that I could make in advance for a Friday, workday, dinner. I made it on Thursday for guests coming on Friday- it was just perfect. It was so good that I made it again on Sunday for a family gathering. I just made it again for Valentines- what better than rich chocolate pie? I made it in a larger deep dish pan and did 1 and 1/4 recipes and baked slightly longer. It is easy and presents well. I served it with fresh whipped cream and a couple of lovely strawberries on the side to garnish. This always gets rave reviews. Thanks Ocean-Ivy Spicy in Houston
This pie was amazing! I made it with my mom and my whole family loved it, including me. It was a great New Year's dessert.