Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I got this recipe from a good friend about 20 years ago and it has become a "must" every Christmas for my family. It's tastes like the old fashioned fudge my mom used to make, but it is much easier.
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 (6 ounce) packages chocolate chips
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares (optional)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- Combine evaporated milk and sugar.
- Bring to a boil and continue boiling for 8 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add the butter and chocolate chips, stir until melted.
- (At the same time you can add the bitter chocolate if desired. I don't like bitter chocolate, so I don't add that).
- When everything is well blended, add the vanilla.
- Pour into a lightly greased 9 x 13 cake pan.