Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
No deep frying ick, just crispy on the outside, tender on the inside - these are incredible!
- 8 potatoes (highest quality you can find, will work with any potatos, but the better they are the better these)
- olive oil
- spices (Lawrey's or any other kind of spices you enjoy)
- Preheat oven to 475°.
- Scrub and clean potatos - don't peel!
- Slice potatos into long 1/8's.
- Drizzle a cooking sheet with olive oil and brush to cover.
- Season oil with any seasonings you like, we use salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne, or Lawrey's Seasoned Salt.
- Layer potato wedges on oil.
- Cover with foil (important!).
- Put in oven as close to lower element as possible for 5 minutes.
- Remove foil and return to oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and flip potato wedges.
- Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Enjoy hot with wonderful dipping sauces, great with burgers, steaks or even by themselves!
Very good recipe for oven fries! I tried Adobo seasoning on ours, which still needed a dash of salt after they were done. Next time, I'll try the spice combo that was suggested in the recipe.