Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My boyfriend made it for me after a really hard day. Ever since then it has become a comfort food. This recipe has been passed down through his family.
- Place a small pan on a burner.
- Add the butter and heat on medium high heat. (Make sure not to heat the pan on high, or else the egg will turn rubbery.).
- After the butter has melted, crack the egg in the pan.
- Let sit for about a minute.
- Pop the yolk.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- When egg is set, flip over and cook other side.
- Cook egg to your liking.
- Meanwhile, spread mayonaise on bread and place cheese.
- Place the cooked egg on top of the cheese, so it will melt.
- Top with other slice of bread.
This made for a good quick breakfast. I followed the recipe other then I didn't add salt to the egg or mayo to the bread. We all enjoyed these.
I love fried egg sandwiches with cheese, they are total comfort food for me. I'm not a big fan of mayonnaise, so will leave that off next time and use butter instead. Made for a quick and filling lunch.
Delicious! We fix fried egg sandwiches for breakfast every once in a while but we don't for some reason add the cheese. We did this morning (grated the cheese first) and it really makes a difference to the sandwich...a must have! Made for Fall Pick A Chef.