Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy dish to make and tastes fantastic. My kids love it. Found on all recipes web site and make this often now. Hands get a little messy in prepping but is quick to put together.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch seasoning salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch pepper, to taste
- Combine soup, egg and seasoning salt in shallow bowl and mix well.
- Combine flour, cornstarch, garlick powder, paprika, and salt and pepper in resealable bag.
- First, dip chicken in soup mixture to coat completely.
- Then place chicken, one at at time in flour mixture bage and shake to coat.
- Place coated chicken on platter about 1/2 hour for coating to become doughy (will ensure crispness).
- Heat skillet with enough oil to cover chicken pieces.
- don't overcrowd.
- Fry in oil for about 7-10 minutes till cooked through.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.
This is very tasty and easy to make. The chicken is very succulent and the batter extremelly crispy! I will definitely use this recipe again - the chicken soup really enhances the flavour - but the next time I'll use a tray for the flouring instead of a bag as there's a lot of waste and I'll probably use larger quantities of seasoning, just because we like our chicken quite spicy. Great recipe to use as a basis for good fried chicken, thanks!
I made this on 3/5/10 for two events, first and most importantly my son's birthday and for the " Special Meals 2010 " event in the Cooking Photo Forum. I did something to a recipe that I rarely do, it was made exactly as written ;) . Instead of using a plastic bag, the breading mix was put on a plate. As I was turning the chicken over to brown the other side, the coating kept coming off. My SO thought it was pretty good, but a little bland. My son and I both thought this was just o.k. . I'm not sure if I will make this again. But thank you for taking the time to post this recipe. " Keep Smiling :) "
The family loves this crispy chicken! I've had this recipe on file for years myself. Yum!!