Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I make this in the summer when the berries are fresh and juicy. I have tried many strawberry pie recipes but this one is the best imo. Chill time is 4 hours.
Top Review by jackie429
Really good. I did follow it except for the direction to put the largest berries in the shell and use the rest for the glaze. The smaller berries are the most flavorful so I used them for the raw berries.
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 9 inch pie shell, baked and cooled
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle the powdered sugar over the cooked pie crust.
- Fill pie crust with 2 cups of the largest berries.
- In a saucepan, crush the remaining 2 cups berries (I use a potato masher).
- Add in sugar and cornstarch; stir to combine.
- Cook and stir constantly over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until the mixture is thickened and clear.
- Add in lemon juice; stir.
- Remove pan from heat and cool slightly.
- Pour berry mixture over the berries in the pie crust.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Before you are ready to serve, prepare whipped cream as follows: Add whipping cream to a mixing bowl; whip, using an electric mixer.
- Gradually add in sugar and whip until peaks form.
- Spoon whipped cream over pie wedges if desired.