1/1 Photo of Best Fresh Strawberry Pie
I make this in the summer when the berries are fresh and juicy. I have tried many strawberry pie recipes but this one is the best imo. Chill time is 4 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 9 inch pie shell, baked and cooled
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1Sprinkle the powdered sugar over the cooked pie crust.
- 2Fill pie crust with 2 cups of the largest berries.
- 3In a saucepan, crush the remaining 2 cups berries (I use a potato masher).
- 4Add in sugar and cornstarch; stir to combine.
- 5Cook and stir constantly over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until the mixture is thickened and clear.
- 6Add in lemon juice; stir.
- 7Remove pan from heat and cool slightly.
- 8Pour berry mixture over the berries in the pie crust.
- 9Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- 10Before you are ready to serve, prepare whipped cream as follows: Add whipping cream to a mixing bowl; whip, using an electric mixer.
- 11Gradually add in sugar and whip until peaks form.
- 12Spoon whipped cream over pie wedges if desired.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Fresh Strawberry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 606.2
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 108.6 mg
- Sodium 151.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 46.0 g
- Protein 3.9 g