1/3 Photos of Best Fresh Margaritas by the Pitcher
24 hrs 10 mins
This is a wonderful recipe for Margaritas on the Rocks by the pitcher-full! It is best to prepare the lime-lemon juice and zests mixture before hand to allow them to meld appropriately -- Cooking time reflects refrigeration time. I discovered this in Cook's Illustrated Magazine -- just in time for summer! I have altered the ingredients to suit my personal taste. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 teaspoons grated fresh lime zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (from 2-3 limes)
- 4 teaspoons grated fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2-3 lemons)
- 1/3 cup superfine sugar (more or less to suit your personal taste)
- 1 pinch table salt
- crushed ice
- 1 cup tequila (Preferably Patron)
- 1 cup triple sec
- 1Combine lime zest and juice, lemon zest and juice sugar, and salt in a large measuring cup; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate (preferably overnight).
- 2Divide 1 cup crushed ice between 4 to 6 margarita glasses.
- 3Strain juice mixture into 1 quart pitcher or cocktail shaker.
- 4Add Patron tequila, Triple Sec; stir or shake to combine thoroughly.
- 5Pour over ice; serve immediately and enjoy : ).
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Fresh Margaritas by the Pitcher
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 30.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: