Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices whole wheat bread (I use Ezekial 4 ( 9 bread, including low sodium)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Beat salt, egg and milk together.
- Slice bread into 3-4 slices per original slice.
- Soak bread slices in egg mixture.
- Melt butter in frypan or skillet on stove.
- Fry bread until golden on both sides.
The whole wheat bread makes a nice change for French Toast and this was a good quick way to make a single serve.