Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
This recipe asks for French bread, but I have also used Italian bread. Quick and easy--tastes great.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons butter, melted
- 6 slices French bread
- powdered sugar
- Cut bread at a angle about 1 1/2 -2 inches thick.
- Mix eggs, milk, vanilla, flour, salt and butter together.
- Heat skillet with small amount of oil.
- Coat each slice of bread well.
- Cook 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve with some powder sugar sprinkled over the top of the french toast. Serve with maple syrup. Yummy.