Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These potatos really live up to there name, they ARE fluffy and what I think to be, one of the best recipes for twice baked potatoes. I'm certain you will agree once you try them! Prep time does not include baking the potatoes (which is about 1 hour baking time).
Top Review by kusinera
KITTENCAL you have done it once again! the filling from these is so light and fluffy, not to mention the best recipe I have ever made for stuffed potatoes. Everyone should try this "Cadillac" of stuffed potato recipes, simply outstanding! thank you my friend for another winner.
- 6 large potatoes, baked (russets are best)
- 2 -3 tablespoons soft butter
- 1⁄2 cup hot milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 egg yolks (place one in a seperate bowl)
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup swiss cheese, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons onions, grated (optional)
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a thin slice from the top of the potato and discard.
- Scoop out the potato pulp carefully with a spoon, and place the pulp in a medium bowl (be careful not to break the potato skin).
- With an electric mixer mix the pulp with soft butter, hot milk, salt, pepper, baking powder, nutmeg and ONE egg yolk and onion (if using); whip/beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Add in the shredded cheese; mix well to combine.
- In another bowl, whip the egg whites until stiff; fold into potato mixture.
- Pile the potato mixture back into the skins.
- In a small bowl or cup beat the remaining egg yolk with water.
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush the egg yolk/water mixture over the top of each potato.
- Set the stuffed potatoes into a greased baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.