Recipe by luvinmykids
The other pancake recipe I posted just isn't as fluffy as I would like, and this is the answer to my long search.
Top Review by Bungy
I followed your link here from #1633 when I realised I didn't have any biscuit mix. I'm glad I did - I made them with Sprite instead of sour milk, and wow - they puffed up so high they looked like a birthday cake! Really light and fluffy and enjoyable. "As good as a bought one", except that the whole batch cost the same as a single bought one.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour milk (may need up to 1/2 cup more if batter is too thick)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- (If you do not have sour milk or buttermilk, add 1 tablespoons vinegar to a 2 cup measuring cup and fill to 1 cup mark with milk. Let set for about 5-10 minutes before adding to ingredients.)
- Beat eggs with wire whisk.
- Add 1 cup milk and oil and whisk until frothy.
- Preheat lightly greased griddle to 300°.
- Add flour and sugar (and extra milk if needed)and mix well. There will be little lumps left - those are okay.
- When griddle is hot, pour batter on by 1/3 cupfuls.
- Cook for about 1 1/2 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Best when served immediately with butter and syrup.