Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
The other pancake recipe I posted just isn't as fluffy as I would like, and this is the answer to my long search.
- (If you do not have sour milk or buttermilk, add 1 tablespoons vinegar to a 2 cup measuring cup and fill to 1 cup mark with milk. Let set for about 5-10 minutes before adding to ingredients.)
- Beat eggs with wire whisk.
- Add 1 cup milk and oil and whisk until frothy.
- Preheat lightly greased griddle to 300°.
- Add flour and sugar (and extra milk if needed)and mix well. There will be little lumps left - those are okay.
- When griddle is hot, pour batter on by 1/3 cupfuls.
- Cook for about 1 1/2 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Best when served immediately with butter and syrup.
I followed your link here from #1633 when I realised I didn't have any biscuit mix. I'm glad I did - I made them with Sprite instead of sour milk, and wow - they puffed up so high they looked like a birthday cake! Really light and fluffy and enjoyable. "As good as a bought one", except that the whole batch cost the same as a single bought one.
Wow, these really were super fluffy, and a delicious, economical way to use up sour milk! The batter is thick, but I just spread it out a bit in the pan to make a larger pancake. Will definitely make these again, with perhaps a pinch of salt added. Thanks for the recipe!