1/2 Photos of Best Flan Ever
1 hr 5 mins
Barbi Girl's Note:
This is the best flan you will ever taste. The cream cheese takes away the "egginess" that most flan's have. The water bath ensures that the custard does not burn and that the caramel turns into a wonderful sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Select 2 oven safe containers, one that can easily fit inside the other.
- 3The large one will be used for a water bath and the smaller one will actually house the flan.
- 4Fill the larger container a little less than half way with water and place in the cold oven to heat up while you prepare the caramel and the custard.
- 5In a large pan, using a wooden spoon caramelize the sugar until it turns a light golden brown.
- 6While still hot, transfer the melted sugar to the smaller container, swirling it around until the entire bottom is covered then set aside.
- 7In a blender add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- 8Open up the oven where you have placed the water bath and then place the small pan with the caramel inside the large water bath pan.
- 9Pour the custard into the pan being careful not to splash it.
- 10Bake for 30- 45 minutes until the top is golden brown and the center passes a toothpick test.
- 11Remove from oven and allow to cool on rack.
- 12You may invert this onto a large serving dish with lip or just server out of container you cooked it inches.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Flan Ever
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.1
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 57.9 mg
- Sodium 59.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 4.0 g