A light, crispy batter that turns golden and bubbly. Fantastic for frying fish, calamari rings, prawns, shellfish, pineapple or banana fritters and good old Aussie potato cakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a fork, mix the melted butter through the flour and salt.
- 2Add the soda water or beer and mix. Don't worry about the lumps of butter. They disappear while frying and make the crispy batter bubbly.
- 3To make Aussie potato cakes, take a large potato and cut into thin, large slices.
- 4Coat with flour and then dip into the batter before frying.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Fish Batter
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.0
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 3.3 mg
- Sodium 45.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.1 g