Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from my friend, who is a Health and Wellness teacher. They are super healthy and taste even better! Really easy to make too! :) You could also add nuts, or leave out the raisins. You could even substitute the zucchini with carrots! To preserve the nutrients, cool the muffins than freeze them immediately until you want to eat them. You can thaw them in the microwave for a few seconds, and they taste fresh from the oven!
- 4 cups flour (I used spelt flour from Whole Foods, but you could use all-purpose or wheat flour )
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 cups sugar (I used demira or raw sugar)
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce (no sugar added )
- 3 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix first 5 ingrediants ( flour - cinnemon ).
- In a seperate bowl, mix remaining ingrediants.
- Add the flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Pour into paper-lined muffin tins and bake 25 - 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Enjoy! :).
I always enjoy zucchini muffins & breads & with raisins, they're a special treat, at least for me! A third of this batch was included on an "enticement" table during a recent park-wide garage sale, & my other half did a great job luring people in (well, the muffins helped, I'm sure!), while the rest of the muffins went into the freezer for later enjoyment! Very moist & flavorful, they are! Thanks for sharing this great recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]