Recipe by The Miserable Gourmet
Simple, quick, and delicious! Uses Zatarain's Jambaylaya Mix to Make things simple, and tastes like you worked all day!!
Top Review by Chef53Kathy
This was wonderful!! Great taste, easy to prepare and a hit with my family. Just enough heat too! I was not able to get mussels and did forgot the green beans at the store so I just did without, I don't think it made a difference.....since there was only three of us for dinner I used the small box of Zatarain's jambalaya mix and halved the other ingredients. I had enough to easily feed six people!! I will definitly make this again, thanks so much for such an easy recipe.
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 lb sausage, sliced
- 1 lb mussels
- 1 lb littleneck clams
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans, cleaned and cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 lb frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) boxfamily size zatarain's jambalaya mix
- 3 cups water or 3 cups chicken broth
- hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large deep frying pan, over medium high heat, saute red and green pepper, celery and onion in olive oil, until softened. About 5 minutes. Remove from pan, and set aside.
- In same pan, cook sausage, browning on all sides. Add cooked vegetables, stewed tomatoes, and Zatatrain's Jambalaya Mix. Add water/chicken and cover pan. Cook stirring occaisionally about 15 minutes.
- Add clams, mussels, shrimp, green beans, and peas. Cook an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread for sopping up some fantastic sauce. Add hot sauce to you liking. I am not a huge fan of spicy, so this is tangy enough for me.