Recipe by chelle keithley
I have searched all over for a GREAT white chili recipe, I finally found one. This is SUPER easy and pretty quick. As with all chili, increase or decrease the spices to suit you. I add extra cumin and cilantro because I love them both so much.
Top Review by Nougat
I made this according to the recipe except that I used leftover rotisserie chicken meat and my own homemade chicken broth. This stuff is beyond yummy! The cilantro and the garlic are wonderful, add to that the fact that there is no chili powder, I think, allows the cumin to really shine. I'm adding the pepper jack cheese to the serving bowl, instead of to the whole pot, although I think this could stand on it's own as is. I really enjoyed this,thanks for the recipe, and for showing me that you can have good chili without chili powder!
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 -4 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup green chili
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained
- 2 cups jalapeno jack cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cube the chicken breast halves. Heat the olive oil and saute chicken until golden.
- Add the onions and garlic, saute until tender.
- Add the spices and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add beans, broth and chilies.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat and stir in cheese. Stir until melted and well blended.
- Season to taste. Serve with sour cream, crackers and/or bread.