This is a fabulous white bread, perfect for sandwiches and morning toasts. From the " Heartland Cooking" serie, by Frances Towner Giedt.
- Put all ingredients in the bread machine pan.
- Select "Dough" cycle.
- When the machine beeps, remove the dough from the machine and turn onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down and roll up jelly-roll-style into a cylinder, tucking ends under to seal. Place seam side down in prepared loaf pan.
- Cover and let it rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Bake loaf until browned, abou 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove to rack to cool.
- Note: If the bread appears to be browning too quickly, tent it with aluminum foil for the final 10 minutes of baking.