1/1 Photo of Best Ever Turkey Onion Sandwich
I made this sandwich up the other day - low calorie, *very low* in fat (1 gram), very rich tasting (really!), and tons of great taste! If you love onions, this is for you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slice light whole wheat bread
- 3 slice butterball fat free turkey
- 59.14 ml shredded fat free mozzarella cheese, the kroger store brand is great
- 118.29 ml white onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml shredded romaine lettuce
- 9.85 ml fat-free Miracle Whip
- 4.92 ml plain mustard
- I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Spray
- 1Place the onions in a bowl and add a couple of teaspoons of water- I also like to add a boullion cube for extra flavor (+5 calories), but be careful with this if you're watching sodium.
- 2Cover with plastic wrap and nuke onions for about 3-5 minutes or until floppy.
- 3Meanwhile, spray one side of each slice of bread with the butter spray.
- 4Lay one piece spray-side down in a skillet and top with the cheese.
- 5You might want to add a squirt of spray over the cheese if the kind you use doesn't melt well.
- 6When the onions are done, take them out and spoon them over the cheese on the bread.
- 7Next, add the 3 slices of turkey.
- 8Spread the unsprayed side of the other slice of bread with the Miracle Whip (or fat free mayo) and the mustard.
- 9Place this slice on top- spray side up!
- 10Heat the skillet over medium heat, toasting the sandwich a couple of minutes on either side or until golden brown.
- 11When done, remove the sandwich, peel apart, stuff in the lettuce, smoosh back together, and CHOW DOWN!
- 12I included calorie and fat counts for every ingredient so that it will be easy to make substitutions and still know the exact nutritional information- I realize that not everyone loves onions as much as I do!
- 13Some other good ingredients are roasted bell peppers, mushrooms, tomato, or anything else you love!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever Turkey Onion Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (448 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 574.1
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 46.0 mg
- Sodium 2554.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 26.7 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 47.6 g