Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
To be honest, I am not known for my great cooking but this is a dish even my son loves. Sometimes my husband even eats it for breakfast! It's so simple, just a few ingredients mixed together and you're done!
- 2 (6 ounce) cans solid white tuna packed in water
- 1⁄3 cup light mayonnaise (or add more to taste)
- 1 apple, large chopped in small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped fine
- 3 celery ribs, meduim to small chopped fine, without leaves
- 2 large dill pickles
- 2 -3 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1. Empty tuna and packing water into a bowl. Break up the tuna until it is in fine shreds.
- 2. Add the rest of the fruit and vegetables and mix well.
- 3. Add mayo and pickle juice and you're done!
- Mixture should be nicely damp, Perfect for sandwiches or crackers!
Thank you so much for trying one of my recipes (Green Breans with Cherry Tomatoes). I am so glad you enjoyed them. Whenever someone tries one of my recipes, I like to return the favor by trying one of their recipes. So I decided to try this one and boy am I glad I did. This is fabulous!!! We loved the chopped apple in this tuna salad. It added a nice texture and lovely sweetness. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe, ellison52, and again thanks for trying one of my recipes.
I can't say if this is the "best ever" tuna salad, but it's really, realy tasty! I loved the flavor and texture combinations. I made this just as written, using a gala apple. A perfect tuna salad for kids and adults. It's terrific just as written, but I think adding dill or curry powder would put this right over the top. You could add a different herb/spice each time you make this. Thanx for an awesome tuna salad recipe!