Recipe by Bread 'n Butter
This is a recipe my entire family loves! It's requested at least once a week and for Birthday suppers. The recipe came from the mother of one of my childhood friends, who made some of the best food. If I'm making a double batch, I make it with cream of chicken and celery soups together.
Top Review by debflores
Great recipe! A double recipe is perfect for a 9 x 13 pan. I sauteed the onion and celery a bit before adding it, and used the monterey jack/colby shredded cheese blend. For noodles, I used the Pennsylvania Dutch thin kluski egg noodles. Don't be afraid to substitute low-fat ingredients -- I used low-fat mayo, skim milk and low-fat cheese, and it still tastes delicious. Thanks for the great recipe!
- 297.66 g cream of chicken soup
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml milk
- 118.29 ml diced yellow onion
- 118.29 ml diced celery
- 170.09 g albacore tuna
- 170.09 g cooked egg noodles
- 59.14 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the cream of chicken, mayonnaise and milk together in a large bowl.
- Add the diced celery and onion.
- Fold in the tuna, followed by the cooked egg noodles and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Salt and pepper to your taste.
- Place in a casserole dish. Cook at 375 degrees for about 40-45 minutes, just until the top starts to brown.