Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a recipe my entire family loves! It's requested at least once a week and for Birthday suppers. The recipe came from the mother of one of my childhood friends, who made some of the best food. If I'm making a double batch, I make it with cream of chicken and celery soups together.
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 6 ounces albacore tuna
- 6 ounces cooked egg noodles
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Mix the cream of chicken, mayonnaise and milk together in a large bowl.
- Add the diced celery and onion.
- Fold in the tuna, followed by the cooked egg noodles and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Salt and pepper to your taste.
- Place in a casserole dish. Cook at 375 degrees for about 40-45 minutes, just until the top starts to brown.
Great recipe! A double recipe is perfect for a 9 x 13 pan. I sauteed the onion and celery a bit before adding it, and used the monterey jack/colby shredded cheese blend. For noodles, I used the Pennsylvania Dutch thin kluski egg noodles. Don't be afraid to substitute low-fat ingredients -- I used low-fat mayo, skim milk and low-fat cheese, and it still tastes delicious. Thanks for the great recipe!
Made this casserole for supper tonight with a few twists. Added a can of drained peas to casserole and added 2 cups of crushed potato chips mixed with a cup of cheddar cheese to the top for the last 20 minutes of bake time. Excellent! We all loved it. Saved to my recipe box.
Oh my goodness. This is the best tuna and noodles I have ever had. I have always just "dumped" ingredients into my casserole. But following this recipe made it wonderful. I think the mayo makes a world of difference. Its rich and creamy. We will use your recipe often, cheap and easy to throw together. Thank you for sharing this yummy dish with us.