Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe for tiramisu, it hasn't failed me yet and is supreme in flavor.
Make and share this Best-Ever Tiramisu recipe from Food.com.
- 18 -30 ladyfingers (recipe as follows)
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups mascarpone cheese (about two 8 oz packets)
- 4 raw eggs
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup baileys chocolate coffee creamer
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sugar (more than a fourth, less than a half)
- 1⁄8 cup bittersweet chocolate (shaved)
- 1⁄8 cup dark chocolate (shaved)
- cocoa powder
- For the lady fingers:.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 2 pans with parchment paper and prepare a pastry bag with a 1/2 inch tip (or just use a spoon as I did, they won't be pretty, but they taste and bake the same as long as the consistency is proper).
- Separate the eggs and whisk the egg yolks with 1/2 of the sugar and the vanilla. Beat until very light colored. This will take approx 5 minutes or so.
- In a clean, dry bowl beat the egg whites until they hold soft peeks. While beating, slowly incorporate the salt and the remaining sugar until combined. Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Sift the flour over the egg mixture and fold it in gently. Fill the pastry with half of the batter and pipe (or spoon) three 1/2 inch fingers, 1 1/2 inches apart, in rows on the parchment paper. Continue with the second half of the batter in the same manner.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for about 15 minutes until firm to the touch and golden. Remove the paper and fingers from the baking sheet and place on wire racks to cool.
- After cooling, remove fingers from the paper and use, or store between layers of wax paper in a airtight container until needed.
- For the Cream:
- Find a nice pan, 6X4-8X6 in size. Set aside.
- Mix the mascarpone, egg yolks, and sugar until you have a soft cream. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites until fluffy, add the Baileys and continue whisking until incorporated.
- Gently add the marscapone to the egg white mixture. Don't overmix or mix with too much vigor. This will be the cream. Set aside.
- Soak the savoiardi(ladyfingers) in the coffee for about 10-15 sec. Lay the soaked ladyfingers individually onto the bottom of your pan from step one. Do not overlap.
- Top the soaked ladyfingers with approximately 1/3-1/2 of the cream.(lay the ladyfingers the opposite way lengthwise then you did the first time) repeat procedure until you are out of cream.
- Sift cocoa powder over the tiramisu and top with chocolate shavings.
- Let the tiramisu sit in the refrigerator for at least 7 hours before serving.
This was so great, I loved the addition of Baileys to the cream half especially!
My FAV dessert is Tiramisu, and this was as good as Olive Gardens.
Thanks a bunch!