Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a little different than other Texas Caviar's I've had. Slightly sweet with a nice amount of heat.
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (11 ounce) can white shoepeg corn
- 1 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 6 -10 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup sugar
- Mix all marinade ingredients together in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes and cool.
- Drain all cans of beans and shoepeg corn. Combine all ingredients and marinade the bean and vegetable mixture for 24 hours.
- Serve with Tostito Scoops.
This is BY FAR the best Texas Caviar recipe I've tried. Usually the marinade lacks the hot/sweet combo this provides. COUPLE modifications would be to cut the amount of sugar...nearly in half. Better with about a 1/2 cup sugar. Or substitute Splenda to reduce the calories. Mince a WHOLE red pepper instead of just acup. Use 5 or 6 jalapenos and WEAR GLOVES when seeding them. Fantastic recipe!