Prep 2 hrs
Cook 12 mins
These cookies were super easy to make. I made them for a Girl Scout activity and they were the first ones to go. I have made them several times with different cookie cutters for different holidays and they are always a success. I always make a sugar glaze even royal icing to decorate. I give you my word they will be a hit!!! Enjoy
- 828.06 ml unsifted flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 177.44 ml butter (1 1/2 sticks at room tempt)
- 2 eggs
- 14.79 ml vanilla or 9.85 ml almond extract
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Cream butter and sweetened condensed milk mixer on low speed, beat in, eggs and vanilla. Beat at medium speed for 1 minute Add flour mixture and beat on slow speed until combined (if using portable mixer use wooden spoon to stir in last portion of flour mixture).
- Divide dough into thirds. Wrap and chill dough about 2 hrs (or less) until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Reroll as necessary to use all dough. Place one inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired. bake 9 to 11 minutes or until very lightly browned around the edges. Store loosely covered at room temperature. Decorate as you wish.
These cookies were pretty good~! I realized that I didn't have enough flour, so I had to use half of every ingredient...I hope that was okay... The cookies turned out kind of bland, but then again, I didn't add any sugar or glaze or anything like that--but I thought they were good just by themselves anyway!
I really hate writing bad reviews but I feel I must to save others from wasting their time and money on such a poor quality recipe. The cookues are tasteless and have an almost sponge-like consistency. I had to salvage the dough by adding sugar and milk..still didnt make an improvement. Sorry.
All 3 of us do not like these cookies. After making half and realizing no flavor and that it has a very doughy taste I took the last half, divided it into 3's and added brown sugar, powder sugar then carmel bits to the different batches. None were anything I would make again. I tried another cookie this morning to see if maybe the flavor had grown overnight. Nope. I went right to the trash can and spit it out. It was like eating a spoon full of flower. It dried my mouth right out.