Recipe by *Yani*
These cookies were super easy to make. I made them for a Girl Scout activity and they were the first ones to go. I have made them several times with different cookie cutters for different holidays and they are always a success. I always make a sugar glaze even royal icing to decorate. I give you my word they will be a hit!!! Enjoy
Top Review by Sweetie Makie
These cookies were pretty good~! I realized that I didn't have enough flour, so I had to use half of every ingredient...I hope that was okay... The cookies turned out kind of bland, but then again, I didn't add any sugar or glaze or anything like that--but I thought they were good just by themselves anyway!
- 3 1⁄2 cups unsifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3⁄4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks at room tempt)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla or 2 teaspoons almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Cream butter and sweetened condensed milk mixer on low speed, beat in, eggs and vanilla. Beat at medium speed for 1 minute Add flour mixture and beat on slow speed until combined (if using portable mixer use wooden spoon to stir in last portion of flour mixture).
- Divide dough into thirds. Wrap and chill dough about 2 hrs (or less) until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Reroll as necessary to use all dough. Place one inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired. bake 9 to 11 minutes or until very lightly browned around the edges. Store loosely covered at room temperature. Decorate as you wish.