This is a incredible recipe! It is a restaurant style recipe and although the long list of ingredients looks quite long, I promise you, it is easy to make and wonderful! 8)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 slice white bread
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 zucchini, shredded
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups instant rice
- 1Heat olive oil in large skillet; add onion, green pepper and carrot. Cook 5 minutes until onion is softened.
- 2Stir in broth, tomato sauce, brown sugar, white vinegar, pineapple with juice, and ketchup.
- 3Simmer 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 4While that's cooking, soak bread in milk in large bowl until milk is absorbed.
- 5Mix together with chicken, zucchini, egg, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- 6Shape 12 meatballs, approx 2 tablespoons mixture each.
- 7Drop meatballs into the simmering sauce, cook 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- 8Turn over once during cooking; remove from heat and stir in rice.
- 9Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- 10Fluff rice with fork before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever Sweet & Sour Chicken Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (2343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.8
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 40.2 mg
- Sodium 592.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 8.7 g