Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I tried some recipes for making sweet & sour sauce for chicken balls, while they were pretty good I quickly realized with a few tweaks and additions it could make the ultimate sweet & sour!! So I made some up, fried some chicken and then threw the chicken in the sauce.... WOW!!! What a great taste!! I would like to thank lorac for the inspiration on the sauce, http://www.recipezaar.com/26230
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, diced
- 2 -3 chicken breasts
- Add the oil, sugar, and vinegar to a small saucepan set on 1/4 full heat stirring until sugar dissolves in vinegar, then add the pineapple juice.
- Add the paprika and other spices followed by the ketchup, then the water.
- Turn up the heat a bit and stir frequently almost bringing to a boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cornstarch and flour, use a whisk to make sure no clumps form. Toss in the green peppers.
- Keep on low heat stirring occasionally, cook your chicken however you like it, I fry mine. If your sauce starts getting a bit to thick don't worry just add a small amount of water and stir.
- When you're finished cooking your chicken cut it up and toss it in the sauce which should now be almost ready. Cook it in the sauce for 4-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and enjoy! For best results eat it all the day you make it.