Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
The best ever Sweet Potato Casserole you will ever eat. Has a very crunchy top
- 3 -4 cups cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2-1 cup softened butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup softened butter
- 1 cup chopped nuts (, pecans, walnuts, etc)
- Beat mashed cooked sweet potato, sugar, butter, vanilla, and eggs together.
- Place in a greased casserole dish.
- Mix topping ingredients together and sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
Easy to make, quite tasty, and looks nice on the plate. I think that the next time I may cut the amount of sugar, eggs, and butter in half, not just for calories, but also so that more of the sweet potato flavor comes through. A nice treat, though!
I made this for thanksgiving and it was great. I needed something I could use while on weitht watchers so I used a can of pumpkin. It turned out great. used splenda in place of suger. Cut the calories way way back. Even the non weight watchers loved this. THANKS FOR THIS.