Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Another fabulous score from Bush's website. A great variation of the traditional baked bean--try it for yourself!
- 1 lb bacon
- 3 onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry hot mustard
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans baked beans
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown; Drain, crumble and set aside. (Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon fat).
- Add onions to fat in pan, and sauté until soft.
- Stir in garlic powder, dry mustard, wine vinegar, and brown sugar then simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a large pot or slow cooker combine bacon and onion mixture with the kidney beans, lima beans, butter beans, and baked beans. Mix together, and simmer for 70 minutes.